Archives and Special Collections, Kathryn A. Martin Library, University of Minnesota Duluth
This database provides descriptions of archival collections held in the Archives and Special Collections Unit of the Kathryn A. Martin Library at the University of Minnesota Duluth. Browse Titles to see collection records, browse Subjects to find collections by topic, browse Names to find information on the people, businesses and organizations associated with the collections, or use the search box above.
Archives and Special Collections at UMD's Kathryn A. Martin Library collects, maintains, and provides access to materials that document the University of Minnesota Duluth and Northeastern Minnesota. The UMD Archives include the official publications, photographs, memorabilia and non-current office records of the University of Minnesota Duluth. The Northeast Minnesota Historical Center Collection is a regional history resource for Duluth and Northeastern Minnesota including St. Louis, Lake, Cook and Carlton counties.
Other Special Collections include the Michael S. Berman Political Memorabilia Collection, Norrgard Anishinabe Collection Waasa Inaabidaa Archives, Grace Lee Nute Papers, Helen and Adrian Hoover Papers, Ramseyer - Northern Bible Society Museum Collection, Elizabeth Dahl Papers, and Fond du Lac Ojibwe Heritage Collection (Jimmy Jackson Papers). Archon entries are added as collection processing is completed.
- Default Behaviors
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit.
- Search By Phrase
- Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Festival of Contemporary Arts")
- Narrow Your Search Results
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results. (e.g. 'bass -fish' finds bass guitars but not bass fishing.)
- Browse by collection title, subject, name, or classification.