University of Minnesota Duluth
Kathryn A. Martin Library

Log In| View Cart (0)
Email: libarchives@d.umn.edu
Phone: Aimee Brown - 218.726.8526
Browse: Titles Subjects Names Digital Content

Duluth Art Institute (1907-) | Archives and Special Collections, Kathryn A. Martin Library, University of Minnesota Duluth

Name: Duluth Art Institute (1907-)
Variant Name: Duluth Art Association, Duluth Art Institute Association, DAI


Historical Note:

The Duluth Art Association was incorporated in Duluth, Minnesota in 1907 to advance "the knowledge and love of art through exhibitions and acquisitions." The Association became inactive in the 1930s when a second group, the Duluth Art Institute Association, was active. In 1946, the two organizations consolidated and took the newer organization's name: Duluth Art Institute Association. The name was later shortened to the Duluth Art Institute. Since 1976, the Duluth Art Institute’s has been located in the St. Louis County Heritage and Arts Center, formerly the Union Depot, which houses a number of arts and cultural agencies.  In 1993 the Duluth Art Institute opened a second location in the former Lincoln branch library in Lincoln Park (West End). The Duluth Art Institute sponsors the Arrowhead Biennial Exhibition. Originally this annual show was called the Arrowhead Art Exhibit. It is the oldest continuous visual art exhibition in the state of Minnesota.

See Digital Content for more information.

Note Author: P. Maus, Staff





Page Generated in: 0.081 seconds (using 127 queries).
Using 11.83MB of memory. (Peak of 11.96MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign